Today I’ve made the first test-run of the E-Puch. As I’ve written about before it is an old ICE moped that I’ve removed the engine and replaced with an electric BLDC outrunner.
Today, me and my brother threw everything together for a quick testrun just to see that everything works, and try out the performance.
I will soon write a post about the motor controller which I ordered from a guy named Lyen on the Endless Sphere forum. It is currently set to limit battery current around 40 A, but I think I could increase the current limit by 50% without any modifications. Which would give 50% more torque.
The motor is mounted on two 5 mm aluminum sheets that are bolted in the original motor holes in the frame.
Except for the motor and motor sprocket the drivetrain is original.
I use 4 bricks of 6S 5 Ah Turnigy 20C batteries mounted in 12S2P configuration. For now these are in a plastic box on the rear end of the moped.
And at last a video of my father trying the moped.