Lego Technic is perfect for creating quick prototypes of pretty much anything, combine this with RC stuff and you can create really fun stuff. One simple example is the robot i describe in this post: Sunday afternoon robot
My old Lego is usually stuffed away in a box in the basement, but when we have kids visiting we usually bring it up to the apartment. I suspect I’m the one enjoying it most and this time I built a RC lego car
After a few testruns I added a propeller protection bar to minimize the risk of running into something with the propeller.
Runs great, I’ll probably update this post with a video when I’ve recorded one.
Last weekend we borrowed a sewing machine to make new curtains for the apartment. When I was sewing the curtains I realized that It wouldn’t be very difficult to make a custom battery bag for my e-bike. I would like a bag that I could mount in the frame triangle and have room for 4 Turnigy 6S 5Ah batteries. Doing some measurements, calculations and drawing I came up with this design
I went to the fabric store and found a black nylon fabric that had a PVC layer on one side. This should be fairly water resistant and I plan to spray it with some textile waterproofing spray as well. I was recommended to use a thread for furniture which is much stronger than ordinary thread as well. A couple of hours thinking, cutting, and sewing later:
The bag fits perfect on the bike!
Pleas write a comment if you think I should make some kind of drawing and description on how to make a bag like this.
A little while since the last post, this is maybe old information if you have read my posts on Endless Sphere or the Swedish Electronics Forum. We played around for the whole weekend with the moped until the motor got enough. My guess is that several hard accelerations during a short period of time heated the stator enough for the insulation to melt.
Not pretty! I’m afraid I’ll have to torment my hands with another rewind. A member on SEF is good enough to donate a large roll of 1,5 x 2,5 mm flat copper wire to me which I will use for the rewind. I have three different actions to prevent this from happening again.
Increase the gear ratio. Less torque on the motor means less current.
Increase kv, one less turn of copper wire will increase kv to match the higher gear ration and reduce the resistance. It will also leave more room for air to flow through the motor
Forced cooling, I’ll put a fan in one end of the motor to force more air through.
I’ve also ordered a spare motor from china. The 80-100 is very hard to get nowdays, but I found a 80-85 motor with the same mounting profile and axle. But i’ll keep a close watch on the stock of the 80-100 motor.